Thursday, November 17, 2011

Merry Christmas Flourish

Hi there!  Sorry for the month-long break...but sometimes life just gets crazy.  I'm sure you can all relate. :)

Today I sat down and created a card just for fun.  And it was so enjoyable!  I really need to do this more often.

I started out by white embossing the Bold Flourish image onto some white cardstock.  And I eventually ended up with this card:



I really didn't intend on making a Christmas card, but the flourish with dots reminded me of blustery snow and so I just went with it.  That's the great part about creating just for fun...you can take a card in any direction you please. 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Abrams said...

Absolutely beautiful Kelly. LOVE the colour combination. Simply delicious. (p.s. typing in the dark at 4 a.m... last comment FULL of typos!!! Pregnancy related insomnia. Sorry.) :)

Anita Rex said...

LOVELY! Love how you did the ribbon and love the colors and how it turned out to be a holiday card!

Latrice said...

I love this. I'll be copying this for some thank you cards. You're awesome. Clearly your break was good

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous, love this, Kelly! So glad you had time to create for fun, that is the best occasion!

Chunyuan said...

Beautiful cards. Love the composition and color.

Munz said...

Wow wow wow. I stopped by here from the blog hop but I just had to comment on this card cause it's GORGEOUS! I love the colours. Okay, I'm not very coherent right now but I just wanted to say I love this card!!

jintyoo7 said...

Oh Me too, I was "hopping on by" and this beauty caught my eye.